DAILY SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE:
To help ensure everyone's safety, all students and staff members MUST complete the daily temperature screening and health questionnaire PRIOR to arriving at your school/district facility. This individual remote procedure does NOT require a formal report to be sent to the district. View the questionnaire...
April 2021 revised INSTRUCTIONAL PLANS & RESOURCES:
- Revised Comprehensive Instructional Plan
- Revised Face-to-Face Learning Plan (K-5)
- Revised Hybrid Learning Plan (6th-12
- Public Meeting on Revised Instructional Plan (Video)
2020-21 HYBRID INSTRUCTIONAL PLANS & RESOURCES:
- Update: Student Calendar Change- August 26,2020
- Updated School Calendar 2020-2021
- Hybrid Plan FAQ - Updated August 21, 2020
- Cohort Design Letter - August 19, 2020
- Community Meetings Update Letter - August 14, 2020
- District Technology Distribution Information Letter - August 13, 2020
- District Technology Acknowledgement Digital Form
- Hybrid Meeting Details Letter - August 11, 2020
- Instructional Reopening Full-Time Remote Learning Digital Commitment Form
- Hybrid Model Details
- Hybrid Instructional Plan Update Letter - August 10, 2020
- Hybrid Instructional Plan
TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION FOR 2020-21:
PUBLIC MEETINGS (August 2020):
- Parent Info Session #1 (HIGH SCHOOL FOCUS)
- Parent Info Session #2 (ELEMENTARY FOCUS)
- Parent Info Session #3 (MIDDLE SCHOOL FOCUS)
***Please note that the information shared and the answers provided by the district were based on the guidance, mandates, and district planning at the time of the meeting. This information is subject to change. Please continue to communicate with your building principal or a district administrator for more information regarding your questions.***
The Tonawanda City School District's reopening plan is linked above. Our required models include a face-to-face instructional program, hybrid instructional program, and virtual instructional program.
We are committed to meeting your expectations of delivering a high-quality educational program that meets the diverse needs of our students in a caring, meaningful, and academically appropriate manner. However, the health, safety, and welfare remains our first priority. Our instructional models for Fall education include all of the required mandates from the NYS Department of Health and the NYS Education Department. Additionally, we have included numerous recommendations, best practices, and other mitigation strategies in our reopening plans to best care for our students, staff, and school community to the furthest extent feasible.
- Reopening of Schools Details Letter- July 30, 2020
- Tonawanda City Schools Reopening Plan
- Daily COVID Test Results By County
- Erie County Contact Tracing, Isolation and Quarantine Information
TONAWANDA COVID-19 TESTING AND CONTACT TRACING PROTOCOLS
The Tonawanda City School District has been in close contact with Dr. Gale Burstein, Commissioner of Health, of the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) and our school physician. Our district has collaborated and will fully cooperate with the medical personnel and ECDOH officials regarding COVID-19 testing and contact tracing.
Dr. Burstein has determined that our district must report a COVID-19 case in our school to ECDOH by completing the appropriate forms. ECDOH contact tracers contacts cases to place them in isolation and obtain names and contact information of close contacts (within 6 ft for more than 10 mins during contagious period). Contact tracers will work with schools to identify close contacts in schools and place them in quarantine and encourage them to get a COVID-19 test.
If an employee is determined to be an essential employee and a close contact who is asymptomatic, that employee will be able to continue working if they monitor symptoms, including temperature, twice daily, mask, and socially distance. If they develop symptoms they will have to leave school and get tested.
The District cannot require a person to be tested for COVID-19. However, the flow chart linked below outlines the district protocol, as supported by the ECDOH. Information regarding testing sites is included in a link below. People can also call the ECDOH hotline at 716-858-2929 for test scheduling support.
The ECDOH is the responsible party for designating quarantine orders and determining who is a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID. Additionally, contact tracing will be investigated by the ECDOH officials, in cooperation with the district.
- Symptomatic or Positive COVID Protocol - E1B
- DOH Isolation Quarantine Flow Chart
- Testing Sites Local to Tonawanda
- Erie County Testing Sites - Map
- Erie County Testing Sites - Listing
remote learning plan
The Tonawanda City School District has planned and is prepared to move into a fully remote instructional program should the Governor require that schools be closed for student attendance. Our Remote Learning Plan is linked below. This plan defines our procedures and protocols for delivering instruction to our students in a fully remote model. This model would require students to learn from home every day of the school calendar.
This plan addresses the challenges and equity issues that may have been experienced during the pandemic period March - June 2020. Our district will continue to create effective avenues for parents/guardians, students, and staff to access the technology and associated resources necessary to fully participate and engage in the curriculum. Additionally, this plan establishes new expectations and procedures for delivering a fully remote learning instructional program. Please see the links below and the other resources highlighted on our website.
Our district was successful in working with families and students to address the digital divide by delivering devices, ensuring connectivity, and providing technical support to all parties. Our district was recognized by The Buffalo News as having best addressed the connectivity divide among small city school districts (article linked below, 5/31/2020). Our efforts in this area will continue to grow to meet the needs of our community.