Dear Fletcher Families:
We are now in the final marking period and the homestretch of our year!
The end of the school year is a busy time for everyone. As the weather improves, our students are involved in baseball, softball, soccer, dance, etc., while school work continues to require their time and attention.
I would like to remind everyone that as the weather gets warmer, we need to still adhere to our school dress code.
Proper dress requirements:
- Clothing, hairstyles, footwear and all jewelry/chains worn must be safe and not disrupt, offend or interfere with the educational program.
- Skirts, dresses, and shorts must be of an appropriate length not to disrupt, offend, or interfere with the educational process.
- Hats, hoods, bandanas, visors, non-functional headgear and sunglasses are not to be worn inside the building.
- All underwear must be completely covered with outer garments. Pajama bottoms are not allowed.
- Tube tops, halter-tops, spaghetti straps, backless tops, strapless tops and off-the-shoulder tops are not allowed.
- Bare midriffs are not allowed. Shirts or tops must cover the waistband of pants, shorts, or skirts. Flip-flops, clogs, any backless shoes, sneakers with wheels and high-heeled shoes are a hazard and not allowed in school.
Questions of inappropriate dress will be handled on an individual basis and consequences will be issued. If a student is reported to the office for inappropriate attire, they will be asked to change or cover up. If they have nothing to cover up with or refuse to change, a parent will be called and asked to bring something in.
- Students who ride bikes to school must have a signed permission slip from a parent/guardian with specific dates.
- Students must have and wear a certified helmet.
- Students must have an appropriate lock to secure their bicycles in the bike rack.
- April 18 – Cinderella Musical
- April 20 – Report cards go home
- April 23 – No School – Staff Development
- April 26 – Instrumental Showcase
- April 27 – Spring Picture Day
- May 1 – 2 – 4th grade NYS Math
- May 3 – 4 – 5th grade NYS Math
- May 11 – 5th grade orientation at Tonawanda Middle School
- May 14 – No School – Staff Development Day
- May 21 – Swim Meet
- May 30 – Spring Music Concert
- May 31 – Safety Patrol to Buffalo Bison Game
- June 1 – 3rd graders orientation at Fletcher
- June 4 – 4th grade NYS Science
- June 6 – Mobile Planetarium
- June 11 – Astronaut Don Thomas visits Fletcher
- June 11 – Track Meet
- June 13 – Field Days
- June 14 – Flag Day Ceremony
- June 15 – 5th grade Moving Up Day
- June 21 – Last day of school for students
Fletcher Interim Principal