Special Education Services (CPSE)
The Tonawanda City School District is committed to providing all students with a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment possible. In order to meet the needs of our student's with disabilities, students at risk or students needing intervention supports, the district offers alternative programs, supplementary aids and special education services.
Special Education services and programs are availvable for students of prechool age (3 to 5 years old) and mainly consist of related service supports (speech, Occupational and/or Physical Therapies, Special Education Itinerant Teaching Services ) and specifically designed instruction for students (ages 3-5 years) who are identified by the district committee on Preschool Education (CPSE).
Preschool eligible students are identified as being age 2.5 years old up to 5 years old (students must not be 5 years old prior to December 1st). The evaluation process consists of comprehensive evaluations in the following areas:
Additional documents are necessary to begin the evaluation process:
- Cognitive development
- Social Emotional Domain areas
- Motor Skills: Fine and Gross motor skill areas
- Hearing Screening (if warranted)
- Language: Expressive, Receptive, Articulation domain areas
- Activities of Daily Living
- Other areas as deemed necessary during the evaluation process
If you suspect your child of preschool age may be in need of evaluation services, please contact the Pupil Personnel Services office directly to secure evlauations. Email or fax requests cannot be honored. To arrange an appointment to register and secure an evaluation, contact the PPS Office at 716-213-4799.
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's Social Security Card
- Copy of Immunization records
- Photo Identification of Parent/Guardian
- Proof of Erie County Residency
EVALUATIONS ARE OF NO COST TO PARENTS, GUARDIANS OR FAMILIES.