Special Education Services (CPSE)
The Tonawanda City School District is committed to providing all students with a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment possible. In order to meet the needs of our student's with disabilities, students at risk or students needing intervention supports, the district offers alternative programs, supplementary aids and special education services.
- Cognitive development
- Social Emotional Domain areas
- Motor Skills: Fine and Gross motor skill areas
- Hearing Screening (if warranted)
- Language: Expressive, Receptive, Articulation domain areas
- Activities of Daily Living
- Other areas as deemed necessary during the evaluation process
EVALUATIONS ARE OF NO COST TO PARENTS, GUARDIANS OR FAMILIES.
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Child's Social Security Card
- Copy of Immunization records
- Photo Identification of Parent/Guardian
- Proof of Erie County Residency
To make a referral to Special Education for your son/daughter:
Write a letter (not an email) to:Special Education Office100 Hinds StreetTonawanda, NY 14150
The letter should include:
1. Your address
3. Your child's name
4. An explanation of the difficulties your child is experiencing that are leading to a referral
5. Your signatureCommissioner's RegulationsThe CSE process is operated in accordance to the Commissioner's Part 200/201 regulations.
Child Find Notice
As part of the Child Find obligation, part 200 Regulations, the Tonawanda City School District is seeking information from parents regarding their children’s learning. If you believe your child is not learning at the same rate as his/her peers and you suspect it is due to a disability, please contact the office of the Director of Pupil Personnel at 716-694-7684.